Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blogging

In Ms. Cassidy's blog this week, she posted a couple more videos of challengers from the Snow Clothes Challenge. As explained in one of my earlier posts, Ms. Cassidy challenged teachers and students from all over to post YouTube videos completely the same challenge. It was a cute and fun way for the students to see other classrooms all over the country.

Another interesting post that I found on Ms. Cassidy's blog was her teaching her own first grade students about blogging. I also mentioned in an earlier post how Ms. Cassidy has created blogs for each of her students for them to track their personal progress on activities they do in class. This week she was teaching her students how to comment on other kids' blogs. "We’re learning to say kind things, to make connections and to ask questions." I think that this idea is great. I personally did not know how to blog until now, and I am twenty three years old. She has taught first grade students how to do the same. I feel as though this goes along with what we spoke of in class, how this generation is so much different than ours. Incorporating technology into teaching is so important now.

No comments:

Post a Comment