Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Visually Appealing

I work in a restaurant five days a week. I have looked at our menu over and over again. I know that thing like the back of my hand, so I don't really pay much attention to it anymore. Our menu is extremely large and when looking through it, customers seem to get lost. Taking a closer look at it the other day, I noticed how the managers try to make certain items more visually appealing. They always tell us to sell, sell, sell! But, the way they set up the written presentation is important. They will always put the most "appealing", aka what they want to sell the most of, appetizer or entree first. They create a lightly shaded, colored box around certain items that they want to draw the customer's eye to. Another thing we do in the restaurant to appeal to customers visually is dessert. We do not just have a dessert menu, we have a dessert tray. We create a dessert tray each day so that way the desserts are visually appealing to our customers. It is way easier to sell that chocolate mousse cake when it is right in front of the customer's face than if we just had a description on a piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment